BenefitMall is a national provider of employee benefits, payroll, HR and employer services. Founded in 1979, the company now has a network of more than 20,000 Trusted Advisors, comprised of Brokers and CPAs. Today, BenefitMall delivers services to more than 200,000 small and medium sized businesses.
Prior to working with Credera, BenefitMall’s online payroll solution was using older technology with a less than friendly user interface. BenefitMall is a customer centric organization and wanted to significantly improve the customer experience. They decided to engage Credera to create a simple, secure, and state-of-the-art online payroll solution called PayFocus. The previous solution required onsite software installation, was cumbersome to maintain, and only available on a single device. BenefitMall recognized their client’s desire to move toward an intuitive, online, self-service option for payroll and HR.
Credera’s Management Consulting team began by seeking to understand BenefitMall’s business objectives and the customer’s solution needs. Credera then led a 6-week Envision Phase to ensure PayFocus would be visually appealing, easy to use, and able to perform the complex tasks of payroll processing.
Once the Envision Phase was complete, Credera’s User Experience and Microsoft Solutions teams worked together to design hi-fidelity solution prototypes which simplified the existing payroll entry and HR management interfaces to better serve target clients of 1 to 50 employees. In addition, features like real time tax calculations, role based security, employee self-service, and on-demand liability reports were introduced providing key competitive advantages.
Using best-in-class technologies, Credera’s Technology Solutions team worked collaboratively with BenefitMall to build PayFocus while meeting mission critical deadlines. Along the way, source code was carefully documented with detailed build instructions provided to the client during the transition phase. Credera intentionally designed a turnkey online solution to allow for a successful transition to BenefitMall’s team.
As a result of this project, BenefitMall is now able to offer customers a simple, yet intuitive online payroll and HR solution. Internal constituants and BenefitMall’s sale’s staff are enthusiastic about offering the stronger, more stable system to their customers.
PayFocus is a state-of-the art solution with robust security features and built-in permission management. Additionally, PayFocus provides small businesses the ability to:
- Allow employees to access important HR documents directly from their profile
- Effortlessly sync data with 3rd party G/L products, such as QuickBooks Online
- Efficiently import time and attendance from an outside source
- Customize a wide set of fields and instantly export to Excel or Word for dynamic reporting
- Easily gather employee demographic and payroll related data on a per employee basis via the New Hire Wizard
As a result of the new online payroll solution, BenefitMall has experienced the following benefits:
- Migration of 20,000 existing clients on outdated legacy payroll software to a modern web application
- Ability to sunset outdated technology and applications
- Integrations with existing payroll, benefits, and HR applications to leverage estabilished and proven back-end processes and functions
- A consistent brand standard across web based service offerings, providing a consistent brand experience for clients
- Responsive design providing a mobile friendly user experience, especially for Employee Self Service functionality
- An enthusiastic sales staff that is excited to introduce PayFocus to potential clients